SuitePOS Release 2015.2.1 Build 192
"POS Shift" - Fields No Longer Used
Redundant fields have been removed; mainly relating to non-cash calculations such as Visa or Mastercard. If you have customized reports around these fields, it is best you use the underlaying transaction record to report on.
"POS Settings" - Fields No Longer Used
Shift4 API Serial Number and Password fields have been deprecated by Shift4 in favor of tokens. These fields no longer are relevant.
"SuitePOS Item Search Master" has been modified
A copy of the item master search must be made active and called "customsearch_spositemsearch". Any filters you have added to this search must be re-applied. Under no circumstances change the sort order.
Note: If you are using Avatax, you will need to manual add the "Avatax Taxcode" field to your item search.
"SuitePOS Customer Search Master" has been modified
A copy of the customer master search must be made active and called "customsearch_sposcustomersearch". Any filters you have added to this search must be re-applied. Under no circumstances change the sort order.
New Features (NetSuite):
Gift Cards(*1) - You can now sell and redeem gift cards using standard NetSuite functionality.
- On Hold Feature - this is allows you to save a transaction locally to recall at a later time.
On Account(*2) - You can now process sales that do not have payments applied to them. These go in to NetSuite as open invoices for paymenrt later.
- Re-Registration -You can re-register without un-installing the app. This is useful for accounts that have periodic password policies set.
Print Item Code on Receipts - You now have the option to print the item code or the display name (and UPC) on receipts.
- Add Phone Numbers to Packing Slip(*2) - For those using the the ship-to function, the phone and mobile numbers are now displayed on the packing slips.
- Set local data storage to 8 days, this will improve search performance for higher volume customers
- Extended support for international debit cards; less fail incidents
- Credit card swipe optimization to reduce lag time when a sale is submitted
- Optimization of the "heart beat" check to the shift4 gateway
- Change the default to 'Send Log" (without clear) for the failed queues. This prevents inadvertently deleting the failed queue
- Prevent user time out of the application during syncs
- Fixed the date of transaction issue when transactions are in failed queue for longer than a day so that they can be reconciled properly
- Improvements to keystroke speed on manual item selection
- General bug fixes and stability improvements
(*1) - requires purchase of the Gift Card Module, (*2) - requires purchase of the Advanced Orders Module